Formerly Audubon Center of the North Woods
A message from Osprey Wilds regarding COVID-19
At Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center, we are closely monitoring the constantly changing situation with COVID-19 and will keep you informed as we make decisions accordingly.
You can stay up to date by following us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- We are following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and MN Department of Health recommendations and will continue to do so as those change
- We are evaluating upcoming programs like the April 18 Dinner at the Lake, and the May 1-3 Women’s Wellness Weekend to be able to offer those within the CDC guidelines
- Our trails are still open! Come out and enjoy our 7 miles of trails & our beautiful grounds. No need to register or check-in at the front desk
- Make sure you give yourself blocks of time to take a break from the stressors of COVID 19 and get out into nature to rejuvenate mentally and get some physical activity
- It is helpful to remember that during this situation, nature is still carrying on. Notice and enjoy the many sights and sounds of spring as birds are returning, the days are getting longer and the maple sap is flowing!
- We are already experiencing significant revenue losses due to the wide-ranging impacts of COVID 19, including school closures through March 27, and will continue to feel the financial impact for the foreseeable future. Please consider making a special donation at this time to support our work here.
Discover | Connect | Engage
This residential environmental learning center and conference & retreat center, nestled on the shores of Grindstone Lake near Sandstone, MN, is a close-to-home, 780-acres refuge powered in large part with renewal energy systems. Here you will find a range of events and programming options for all ages – wildlife, natural history, science, team-building, challenge courses, outdoor skills and environmental education.
Visit Osprey Wilds, open year-round, and you will see a well-maintained, educationally rich landscape and leave wanting to spend more time in this special place with our caring, committed, professional staff.
Nature Awaits You
Miles of trails through a variety of habitat, beautiful lakeside surroundings, a plethora of flora and fauna, and the peaceful quiet of wild outdoors await you here at Osprey Wilds. Whether you visit with your students, family, friends or group, you’ll find the opportunity to immerse in, learn from, and reconnect with nature.
explore osprey wilds
Something for Everyone
For Schools & Youth
Experiential environmental education for your students that is second to none. Low student-instructor ratios, classes aligned with MN Academic Standards, full array of adventure and challenge programming.
For Families & Adults
Nature-focused events for families and life-long learners, including Winter Family Camp, Road Scholar® programs, Natural History Weekends, Dinners at the Lake, college course like January Interim, and many more.
Conferences & Retreats
The perfect spot for your next gathering. Whether renting a single meeting space or the entire center for a large group, Osprey Wilds provides a conveniently located, affordable and natural setting for your retreat or event.
Youth Summer Camps
Help your child connect with the natural world and experience the joy, wonder, curiosity, and amazement that immersion in nature can provide. Our camps focus on wildlife, nature, challenge and outdoor skills.
To instill a connection and commitment to the environment in people of all communities through experiential learning
A healthy planet where all people live in balance with the Earth