Current Job Opportunities at Osprey Wilds
Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit environmental learning center near Sandstone, MN that provides outdoor educational opportunities to diverse audiences in an intimate setting. Gain experience on our expanding Trapp Farm as we grow produce and raise pastured animals in what will be our first season of production! Grow high-quality, nutrient dense food while stewarding the land and adding to your farming skills. You will work with our farm manager, operations director, volunteers and other workers while doing a wide variety of farm tasks.
- Fieldwork (soil prep, planting, cultivation, harvest)
- Processing (washing, packing, delivery)
- Animal care (observation, paddock moves, feeding, loading)
- Farm maintenance, cleaning, and organizing
- Farm infrastructure projects
- Record keeping
- Farm Tours for donors and participants
- Communal housekeeping duties for onsite housing
- 21 years of age or older at the time of employment
- Ability to commit to a full growing season, from May through November 2021, and live on site
- Some experience in small scale intensive organic vegetable farming is a plus
- Ability to do physical work under varying weather conditions
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Attention to detail and pride in a job well done
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Positive Attitude
- No Drama
- Respectful and builds community with others while living in shared quarters
- Valid First-aid/CPR/AED certification is a plus!
- Work outside in a beautiful setting: 780 acres with coniferous and hardwood forests, creek, prairies, wetlands, farmland, and a lake with a dock and beach
- $360/month stipend
- Onsite housing that with access to high-speed internet, kitchen, and laundry facilities
- Meals during the work week/when groups are present
- Eight days off each month, plus 6 additional days of paid sick leave/PTO
You will get an individual room at the recently remodeled staff house, which is located on a separate part of the property from the office.
The staff house is a two-stories, 8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living room with fireplace, dining area, communal full kitchen, and basement. Other amenities include lakeshore access and view of Grindstone Lake, outdoor fire pit, washer and dryer, wireless Internet access, and parking.
This fellowship can begin as early as May 3, 2021, and end as late as November 19, 2021 (start date is subject to adaptation to accommodate CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines, and is somewhat flexible)
There is one position available. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, please send your cover letter (including your available start and end dates), resume, and three references to:
Jill Rudolph, Operations Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (320) 245-2648 ext. 101