Volunteer Opportunities at Osprey Wilds
We are currently accepting volunteer applications for our Trapp Farm Work Share Program. Please learn more and apply below.
Trapp Farm Volunteer Work Share
Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit environmental learning center near Sandstone, MN that provides outdoor educational opportunities to diverse audiences in an intimate setting. Gain experience on our expanding Trapp Farm as we grow produce and raise pastured animals in what will be our first season of production! Grow high-quality, nutrient-dense food while stewarding the land and adding to your farming skills. You will work with our farm manager, farm fellow, operations director, volunteers and other workers while doing a wide variety of farm tasks.
- Fieldwork (soil prep, planting, cultivation, harvest)
- Processing (washing, packing, delivery)
- Animal care (observation, paddock moves, feeding, loading)
- Farm maintenance, cleaning, and organizing
- Farm infrastructure projects
- All work will be outside or in a hoop house
- Drop off produce at grocery stores
- 21 years of age or older at the time of employment
- Ability to commit minimum of 8 hours a week (could be done over multiple shifts) for minimum of 4 weeks
- Some experience in small scale intensive organic vegetable farming is a plus
- Ability to do physical work under varying weather conditions
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Attention to detail and pride in a job well done
- Good communication skills
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
- Receive a box of fresh produce from the farm each week
- Work at a beautiful setting along Grindstone Lake
- Enhance your gardening/farming skills by learning from seasoned farm staff
- Support a nonprofit in the community that models environmental stewardship and education
Volunteer Interest Form
If you are interested in volunteering some of your time and talents, contact us below. We are interested in hearing about your areas of interest and expertise – we have a growing list of specific jobs we could use your help. We do not have a minimum hour requirement. Any amount of time would be a great asset. (Special requirements apply to wildlife/barn volunteers).